Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Welcome to Pancakes

     Pancakes are a favorite breakfast food of people around the globe. All over pancakes are being eaten, and not just for breakfast. Many restaurants such as IHOP are famous solely for their delish pancakes. Do you know any good pancake restaurants? This extremely yummy food can be eaten in a variety of ways. Different toppings and fillings can be used and they can be eaten warm or cold. Personally my favorite is blueberry pancakes warm with strawberries, whipped cream, and syrup on top. Whats yours? On the left is a picture of some scrumptious customized pancakes.
     I chose to blog about pancakes because they are one of my favorite foods. Do you have a favorite food? If so, what is it? My dad makes pancakes for my family every Saturday morning and usually a day during the week. Do you have a food tradition like this? Occasionally, I will even eat them for dinner! When I wake up on Saturdays and smell the aroma of pancakes I rush downstairs with the excitement of eating the best breakfast food in the world (in my opinion). I also think there are some very interesting facts about pancakes that I will be sharing with you throughout this blog. Hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think!(:

1 comment:

  1. Sofia, what a fun topic; everyone likes pancakes! I like your family tradition of having pancakes every Saturday morning. It’s definitely a great reason to get out of bed in the morning! I’d love to see a few recipes in your blog that I can try at home. Does your family have a secret recipe that you can share? Do you have a specific brand of mix that you like or does your family make the batter from scratch? I’m very particular about the syrup that I use on my pancakes. I prefer a Vermont or Canadian “Grade A” syrup – no low-fat or generic brands for me. In my opinion, the wrong syrup can ruin the best pancake! You’re off to a great start with your blog; I’m looking forward to returning soon to read (and learn) more! Mrs. A.

    ReplyDelete